Metalwork squirrel


In February I went to the Royal School of Needlework for a day course in goldwork, where we started making this squirrel. I had to get up stupidly early to get the train after hardly any sleep, so it involved a huge amount of concentration (as well as being worried about the snow trapping me in London, it didn't even settle but was very pretty). We spent the morning doing the felt padding (more intricate than it looks) then learnt different goldwork techniques in the afternoon. As you can see, I still have a lot of work to do on this, am hoping I haven't forgotten how to...  It should look awesome when it's finished. I'd love to do another course there, despite the ridiculous amount of steps and getting lost in the corridors trying to find the toilets...

No comments:

Post a Comment